MarryMeOK - Rev. Joy Huber

Frequently Asked Questions

How will my marriage license be filed?

I will happily return your marriage license to your county court clerks office using the self addressed envelope you were provided when applying for your license so that you can celebrate worry free. However, some couples prefer to return the license to the county court clerks office in person and you are welcome to do so if that better fits your needs.

I am not an Oklahoma resident. I just moved to Oklahoma or I am a resident of another state or country. Can I be married in Oklahoma?

Yes. Oklahoma does not have a residency requirement in order to be married here.

What are your standard payment terms?

50% non-refundable deposit required to reserve the date/time of your ceremony. The balance is due on the date that the ceremony is scheduled and payable prior to the ceremony.

What payment methods do you accept?

Payments can be accepted via cash, check, credit card or paypal. (Paypal payments must be made in advance.)
How far are you willing to travel?

I perform formal/traditional wedding ceremonies statewide in Oklahoma. Small ceremonies and elopements are performed throughout the OKC Metro area.

Is there a travel fee?

There may be a travel fee based on distance. The travel fee is $0.57.5 per mile for towns and cities outside the OKC area. (Oklahoma City, The Village, Nichols Hills, Edmond, Moore, Norman, Midwest City, Del City, Bethany)  The maximum travel fee is $60.00, plus toll fees if applicable. Mileage is calculated using google maps from my home to your venue and back to my home and toll fees will be calculated using

How many weddings do you officiate a year?


What kind of pre-marital counseling is required, if any?

None required. Available by request.   

Will you marry couples of different faiths, agnostics, athiests or previous divorce?

Yes, I am happy to marry all couples who are legally able to wed in the state of Oklahoma. (Remember, divorces must be final for a minumum of 6 months unless you are remarrying the same spouse.)

Will you marry same-sex, gay and lesbian couples?

Yes, I am happy to marry all couples who are legally able to wed in the state of Oklahoma.

How long does the ceremony usually last?

The length of the ceremony generally is determined by the couples preferences and requests and can vary from 3 minutes to 30 minutes or more.

Do you normally attend the reception?

Upon request, I may make an appearance at the reception however, I generally do not stay more than 15-30 minutes so as to allow the couple to celebrate privately with their family and friends.

Do you have a back up officiant on call, in case of an emergency?


Will you allow us to write our own vows?

Yes. The ceremonies that I perform are flexible to allow for the couple to write their own vows as well as other types of customization.

Can we read or hear your ceremony before our wedding day?

Absolutely! At your request I will email your vows to you in advance for approval.

In which states and communities are you licensed to officiate ceremonies?

My credentials are on file with the Oklahoma County Court Clerks office and I am able to perform weddings throughout the entire state of Oklahoma.

I want to get married next year, is it too early to schedule my ceremony?

No, it's never too early to schedule your ceremony and ensure that an officiant is reserved for your wedding date/time.

I want to get married today, is it too late to schedule my ceremony?

Probably not. As long as time allows, I'm happy to perform same day wedding ceremomies.